Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I need some clarification on this concept that certain bullets shoot better from certain rifles. First, does anybody know the “why” of that? Secondly, I recently purchased a Weatherby/Howa .30-06, considering there are over a dozen different manufactures of ammo, not counting the number of different rounds they manufacture, at $20 to $40 per box this could prove to be an expensive experiment. Has anyone out there had experience with a Weatherby/Howa .30-06 and what rounds tend to shoot best with this rifle?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I first got my rifle it was a 30-06 and I had great luck using regular green box Remingtons. The 165 gr is the perfect balance point for this cartridge. Remingtons are usually the lower price ammo and that gives you more practice for the buck. Double check that the mounts and rings are nice and tight prior to taking it to the range.

Karl
I've shot the 150's and the 180's, but not the 165's, I'll pick some up and try them. And yes, I'm diligent about checking the mounts before shooting. Thx.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.