Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What caliber rifle would be good for a girl to use that wont kick to hard and big enough to kill a deer?

·
Registered
283 Posts
25-06 - Excellent deer rifle! I don't have one but will eventually buy a .243 or the 25-06. Either one is very fitting for a starter rifle.

R

·
0 Posts
All this talk of ban

All this talk of banks, bonuses, FDIC fees, bank falruies, and loss share agreements makes me wonder, when is a bank better off foreclosing and charging back part of the loss to the FDIC? Yes, this will depend on present value. I bet there are a bunch of very low fixed interest rate loans that the banks would love to flush out, yet they don't want to take massive present losses.Oh, I hope it is obvious that this only applies to those assets that the bank has a loss share agreement with the FDIC. As far as I am concerned, this is only the FDIC's way of pushing the point that the cash must be paid out in time.I think I need to start a new Church of Real Estate (CRE). My new church will be based on the belief in home ownership. You must believe that prices can only go up to join. And if you think that prices might have gone down, it's just a test of your faith! Seriously, people treat home ownership like some religion, and I want to be the premier Evangelist. Late night television, here I come, maybe I'll get the 11:35 NBC time slot? Rate this comment: 0 0

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
My son's 260 was a browning A-bolt and had very little recoil. It did have more ear noise than I could stand with the Win boss system on it. A 26-06 may be a tad much for a small frame women for her first rifle.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I would say a 243,25-06,260,7mm-08 are all good with light kick and plenty of power to knock a deer off its feet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
.243 have my vote. 25-06 is alittle much. Ammo is common too. 7.62x39 is a nice round for closer range as is the 30-30. The 7.62 is availible in many SA rifle like a Saiga or SKS for very low recoil but heavy and ugly.
A 30-30 le3ver kicks more but is easy to carry.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
What would u say about a 25-06?
I would say the .25-06 is a perfect choice for whitetail deer, mule deer, antelope basically the medium sized game.
I wouldn't want to see you use it for like,, moose, elk, carribou,,, the larger framed game.
Good Luck to you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
my wife is 5'4" and about 110 and my 15 yro daughter is 5' and 90lbs they both use a rem mod 7 in .308 with no problem simms vibration lab makes a great recoil pad if needed that will definately take out the recoil of any mentioned caliber if needed

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would recommend a 270 or 308 before I would recommend a 25-06 for a small frame lady. The 243 would kick the least, but shot placement and bullet sellection are very important with this caliber. See if can find someone who has the different calibers and have her try them with a deer load. Savage has come out with P.A.D. (Personal Anti-recoil Device) on some of its rifles. This pad is very soft. Savage says it reduces FELT recoil more than any aftermarket pad.

·
Registered
41 Posts
30-30, .243, .270 are all great guns with low kick and can kill what you want.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts