Deer Hunting Forums banner

Replace tranny or trade it in??

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Steve Luch 
2002 Isuzu Trooper 3.5 V6 4wd Limited.
142,000 miles. Loaded to the gills. Power everything. TOD, Push button 4wd or you can grind it in with a stick to make you feel manly!
Leather, heated seats, power seats, winter drive, power drive.
See what I can get on a trade or fix the trans and drive it for awhile longer?

First off why'd you buy an ISUZU?!?!? haha joking! I quoted your text at the top b/c I have an '02 Dodge Durango that has ALL the options (like yours) and has around 115,000 on it. That thing is a peice of JUNK. I've rebuilt two trannys in it, put a whole new rear end in it, wife's hit a deer with it (10 pt!), and now it's having electrical problems (door locks, windows). I swore to my dad about a year ago that I'd never buy another DODGE again. To me, and I know this is my opinion, they are JUNK.

Now getting back to your case... I would imagine you could get around $2500 for it IF the tranny was fixed. Seems like trucks right now are what's keeping their value the best. SUV's were about 3-4 years ago, but I think trucks have surpassed them. Basically what I'm saying is this,, when the first tranny went out, i thought to myself, it should be good to go from now on... well about $5,000 later I wish I had traded it in.
I would think with the way it is right now and if it's in good cond. you could get around $1000-$1500 for it. A good tranny job is going to cost at least $2000.

I'm pretty sure sat radio is something you have to pay for... never had it myself, but a friend had it one time and I remember him telling me it was something he had to pay for.
You may be right, it's probably something that the previous owner had and you are getting some free time to use it! enjoy!

BTW- congrats on the new car... not big on chrysler, but heard many good things about the 300. They are a NICE looking car too...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.