Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
He loves signs!Hey,I

He loves signs!Hey,I woke up very early today to study French. I have an important test of "writing"this week,and I guess my "mind"works betetr during the morning. I'm happy , I feel that I'm doing progress!By the way,tomorrow is a holiday here!bon dimanche!Le9ia

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
A bolt that breaks in 1/2 ??? hmmmm,,,,Did he drop the rifle?

·
Registered
41 Posts
I own a rem 770 in 30-06 it is a very good shooter half inch shots at a100yards with the bushnell scope that came with it. It has taken a few deer in the last cpl of years with no problems . only problem i see with it is the action of the bolt is not as smooth as some of the higher price guns for a fairly cheap gun it has served me well

·
Registered
2 Posts
Worth the price

I also have one in a 30.06 and find it well worth the price.

I believe I read something recently about Remington making an improvement on the bolt. I have had no problems however.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
there's a youtube video showing pictures of a Remington model 770 that, apparently exploded after just 2 rounds.
I haven't heard anything first hand about the Rem 770 But I'd be very concerned If I owned one.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I read the the 770 was an upgrade of the 710. The 710 I thought was a pretty good rifle, a friend of mine owned one, but that was years ago if thats the model I'm thinking about. I've never seen one of the 770's. Maybe the upgrade was a cheaper way of making it? Grins, not very good reviews anyway you look at it. We have a Remington plant here in town. They made a bolt action rifle here that was a piece of crap. Anyway to find out where they are made?

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I read the the 770 was an upgrade of the 710. The 710 I thought was a pretty good rifle, a friend of mine owned one, but that was years ago if thats the model I'm thinking about. I've never seen one of the 770's. Maybe the upgrade was a cheaper way of making it? Grins, not very good reviews anyway you look at it. We have a Remington plant here in town. They made a bolt action rifle here that was a piece of crap. Anyway to find out where they are made?

I would think all the manufacture information would be within the Weapons Serial number But I'm not positive.
You could probably email Remington directly with any individual questions or concerns.

·
Registered
1 Posts
does any one own this gun how good of a gun is it. how well does it shoot. thank you for your help
I own this model. It is an ok gun. It is a pretty accurate rifle. I shot groups right out of the box. I didn't care for the scope that came on mine though. My only complaint is that the action is a little sticky when it is really cold; not as smooth as the model 700. But for the price it isn't too bad.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Disregard my earlier post. The rifle I was comparing it to was a 788, a fine rifle. The 710 was made in KY and not so good a gun. I hope the 770 is better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts