Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to buy a used Rem 7600 pump in .270 Win. from a friend. It is in great shape and I have compared it to prices on Guns of America and he will sell it to me for far less than the prices I see on line. I was at a gun store a few weeks ago and shouldered one. The forestock rattled severly when I held it. This concerns me as the sound is unatural in the woods and deer are used to a slightly different type of rattling sound.

Are there any Rem 7600 pump users out there that can offer feedback?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I have a Rem 760 in 30-06 its a great rifle a lot more accurate than given credit for. To cut weight I put a set of 7600 stocks on it. I highly reccomend it if a good deal is there. This was my first rifle purchase in 1974 and still have and use it.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys - I was looking for positive feedback and received it from a group of seasoned hunters...Thanks. My buddy lives in the Finger Lakes region. I go out twice a year. Once in the summer to move stands around and opening week rifle. I will pick it up in the summer, site in and have the opportunity to use it this fall. I am going to mount a Bushnell 3200 or Nikon Prostaff 3x9 on it.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
where in the finger lakes?i hunt with buddy by ithaca

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
About 40 mi west of Ithaca on the south end of Kauka Lake...Gods country and good white wine too!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts