Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got a new release for my bow and am having trouble with it. i just switched from fingers and need help. i pulled it back the first time with my finger on the trigger and shot it in my neibors bushes, =( thats 10$ gone! luckily there away but i stilll havnt found it. need help learning to use the release. my uncle showed me but im still a little confused. i am using a release loop too.

:shocking:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
i would get back in touch with your uncle. its easier to show you in person than try to explain it on here. you have to find a pivot point somewhere on your face so you will shoot from the same spot every time. and you may have to take it to a shop so they can adjust your draw lenght. they may even recomend a kisser button so you can have another consistent pivot point. that is a good idea for a new bow hunter

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
When Buckfever says pivot point what he means is the anchor point, that's the location of your Bow string every time you draw back. He also mentioned a kisser button that's a small rubber disk that can be placed on the bow string so that every time you draw back the kisser button will ALWAYS be your anchor point and the kisser button should always be anchored at the corner of your mouth that way you'll be using the same anchor point every time you draw back and that's how you develop and maintain accuracy. have a shop install the kisser button for you.

Good luck to you....

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
no problem at all.... Always glad to try and help anyway I can.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
keep your finger off the triger till its time to shoot.what brand/style release is it I shoot a tru fire caliper style with a wrist strap.

·
Registered
14 Posts
get rid of the loop and switch to a wrap around rest, and keep your finger behing the trigger till you are fully aimed and on target the Winn archery free flight is the only release i use.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I agree keep your finger behind the release untill you're fully drawn, kisser is at the lower corner of your mouth and your ready for the shot. Remember to pull through the shot and not jerk the trigger. Keep your head steady after the shot trying not to look at the shot from the side, this will pull the arrow to the side. I do however like a d-loop simply to preserve the string life. The type of release is only for ones liking. I like one that will adjust both length and trigger pressure. A release should help you to decrease your shot group size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts