Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there really a big enough difference between a high dollar release and the economy models to justified some of the high price tags? I have shot the same cheap, ($15) release for 8 or so years now. I bought a mid price range release the other day ($30) and could not tell the difference in the trigger. Is a release a release no matter cost? As long as they have an adjustable trigger pull, what's the difference?

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I dont know. My first release was a cheap one and lasted maybe 5 years until I wore it out. It would not stay closed anymore. I bought a cobra next and I could not tell any difference in the anything about it. We will see how long it last.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i shoot trufire and i had it for ten yrs at least i lost tthe set screw ,sent it to trufire and not only did they replace it they did some tuneup work for free,ya pay for the service and warranty:yes:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I have a tru-fire bucket and tru-ball loopmaster I don't see any difference in performance. I don't like a big curved trigger, prefer the short straight one. I haven't tried the back tension release but hear good things about them. Anyone else using them?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i was thinking of getting the loop master since i just switched to a loop but i read some bad reviews about not being able to use the lock with gloves on.have you experienced this?

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
joel generally I have a heat packet in my shooting hand pocket and wear the thinnest glove I can find, if I have to wear one. I have no problems with the loopmaster in this way. For young bowhunters, releases can be set where the jaws will open when you are drawing the bow which results in bad things happening! Make sure you read the directions that come with the release and start with a heavy setting adjusting to a lighter one as you get the feel of the release. When setting the release pressure make sure you have an arrow in the bow and point at the ground moving up twords the target. This saves trouble with the neighbors. More than once I've slamed my jaw with a too light setting on the release. :ph34r: Be carefull!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i think you miss understood i'm not talking about jaw tension im talking about the lock on the other side of the trigger

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I thought I responded that I don't have any problems using thin gloves. I was just passing on some lessons learned to the new young hunters on the pressure tension settings on releases in general. Sorry for the confusion.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts