Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting back into bow hunting after many years off
I am looking at the reflex bighorn complete set up for $425
I have a very short draw 25" so my options are few in my price range this felt very comfortable & balanced but know nothing about Refex bows anyone used or know anything about these bows?

Thanks in advance

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
I use a Reflex Highlander and I gotta tell you, I'm extremely happy with my Bow and I'm confident you'll be satisfied with a Reflex Bow too.
All hunters have different tastes and features they look for when choosing a bow But all of them will tell you the one thing that's most improtant is how the Bow Feels to "YOU", You're the one using it, and again all bowhunters agree that the major Bows today will all perform well above the manufacturers standards so any bow you choose is going to be a good choice. Good Luck to you.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bruce I do love the feel of it
I have been out of the bow hunting loop for so long
& Honestly never heard of reflex
I shot Martin & PSE I thought it must be ok being made by Hoyt
I think I am going to pick it up

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well I put half down on it & listed a bow Itook in trade on EBAY shouldn't have added the arrows found out they are worth some good money but may help the price I guess
hopefully I will be picking up the bow in a week or so
all set up & ready to go

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks I have it listed fairly cheap so I hope it goes

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
e-bay you gotta love it! I think Bruce has stock in Reflex....... :confused: There are several great bows out there, Mathews, Mathews, oh and did I say Mathews. Hoyt is also a good bow I think. :yucky: Have you made the big decision, carbon/aluminum? I made the switch to carbon couple of years ago and really like them. All kidding aside, your Reflex is a good bow and you'll like it. I have looked at Bowtech bows lately and like what I see. Good luck.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes the shop is setting me up w/ PSE 200 series carbons
The bow I am selling on Ebay has 6 Easton ACC which the shop told me were very expensive but would not shoot well with my new setup

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I'm shooting Easton Axis ST 400's in realtree camo with 2" vanes out of a Mathews Q2XL. My bow draws 28.5" @ 58# so Its not a speed demon but works well with these arrows. Good to see you're using a pro shop.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
I think Bruce has stock in Reflex....... :confused: There are several great bows out there, Mathews, Mathews, oh and did I say Mathews. Hoyt is also a good bow I think. :yucky: Have you made the big decision, carbon/aluminum? I made the switch to carbon couple of years ago and really like them. All kidding aside, your Reflex is a good bow and you'll like it. I have looked at Bowtech bows lately and like what I see. Good luck.
MAN I wish I had stock in Reflex.. Wish I had stock in Muzzy too and Carbon Express too or several others of them money makin machines LOL
Huntingman,, a little FYi, Reflex Bows are made by Hoyt, that's why it HOYT'S to get hit with a Reflex too.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah it confused me too after the fist time I looked at it & the shop owner told me it was made by Hoyt. I went on Hoyts website & couldn't find my bow. I was thinking this guy is trying to sell me an old bow as a new one.
I called him up & asked him how new it was & why I couldn't find it on their site He then explained the situation with them & found their site & researched them But did I really feel stupid trying to call him out on it
oh well I told him I haven't bow hunted since 1992
I think he should have known better LOL

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well I picked up the new Bow Sat. & I just cant put it down.
I can not believe how great this thing shoots Quiet, Fast, Accurate & Light
I think I may have worn out the string already
I am truely impressed with this bow
I may have to buy stock in reflex like bruce

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
SSSHHHHhhhhh !!! If it gets out how good the Reflex bows are
that Mathews company will buy them all so they can have good bows too... :lol: :lol:

"Now that's funny right there I don't care who ya are" LOL

All kidding aside, gfdeputy2, I'm glad you like your Reflex Bow.
Your comfort and satisfaction with the new bow will make you a more confident shooter,
confident shooters are always more accurate shooters.. Good Luck

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK Bruce I will keep my excitement on the down low but wait If I but the stock then what do I do catch 22 Oh well I guess I will leave the stock to the pro's & just enjoy my bow quietly

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Bruce, I'm sure Mathews could afford to purchase Reflex as their stock prices are probably fairly inexpensive, being a small company of/like Hoyt.:lol:

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Oh My you guy's are tough on each other w/ the bows
good thing I didn't mention I am a Ruger fan oops :no:

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
did someone mention RUGER??? My
Is my Favorite rifle. :biggrin::thumbup:

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I used to work there & as they are local I try to support them. just picked up the LCP .380 sweet gun my fav. is my all weather .270 ulralite older style w/ the wood inserts & blued action as far as I know there are less then a handful of them out there as the all weather is not available w/ the blued action had it built for me when I worked there

1 - 19 of 19 Posts