Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to the range tomorrow got to get my Dad out of the house .His health is not so hot,im concerned.So me him and my brother are gonna try to bust some clays ,trap/skeet.then play with the 22,BP, and i got to pattern some new steel shot for goose then back to my bros house for some BBQ,Any recommendations for choke on steel bb shot for goose.Im thinking imp,or imp/mod

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
joel, around here most everyone is using the big stuff, 3-3.5" full choke supermags. Also, my son uses mixed shot for geese has some odd looking bizmoth or something like that and of different size & shape. Way different from when I shot ducks and geese using just #4 buckshot or BB size in a 3" mag. After lead was banned, steel was not a good substitute so they created all the superloads that sell like they are made of gold!

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah well i shoot steel cuz im poor and ii use mod,we had a great time today we did the slug gun ,black powder and 22.the 22 is ready for small game and the BP is ready for deer season.my brother shot a slug gun for the first time,that was fun to watch:biggrin:..they were having a competition so we couldn't to trap and skeet,next week:biggrin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts