Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it seems like its always raining on the hunting trip i go on each year, and i dont see much action. Whats the best way to hunt when its a steady heavy rain?

·
Registered
100 Posts
opening day of shotgun season last year it rained steady and pretty hard all day. with rain gear on i stayed in my stand and actually saw a lot of deer just browsing through the woods. so you never know what they'll do or how they'll be affected. wet ground also allows for successful still hunting. don't let a little rain stop you, although a blood trail is nonexistent so pay attention to where a hit deer runs and make sure of the shot placement, as always.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If your not using a covered box stand than take good cover in some brush. But be very patient, some deer just don't move well in the rain.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
it seems like its always raining on the hunting trip i go on each year, and i dont see much action. Whats the best way to hunt when its a steady heavy rain?
Hard rains make it hard to hunt. But a light rain can be very productive. One thing for sure if your not in the woods you won't kill a deer. Stand hunt or still hunt I don't think it will matter. wmi is right about the umbrella it will make a difference in how long you can stay out there.

Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts