Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Opening day for bow in TN in the morning. The rain forecast is nuts. T-Storms 80% at daybreak, 90% at 8am, and 100% by 9am. Flash flooding as well. Doesnt look good for opening day down here. If I wake up and think I can get a little stand time in just light rain Im going. If its an old fashion gully washer I may wait and try the evening. :wallbash:

I lost my favorite arrow today being stupid. I backed up about 80 stinkin miles(<---not really) from the target thinkin I can hit that. Well before I released I thought it will be to high, then "naw no way from here". It was high. Bounced up off the ground about 20 yards past the target and out into a field that hasnt been bush hogged this year. No luck finding it. (YET) Its getting time I go to the store to replenish the quiver.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weather looks better this morning.. May just get showers for 1st couple hours before hard rain moves in.. Just need those deer to move before the storm hits..

Good luck to yall other hunters out there this morning..

·
Registered
4 Posts
i feel u on the rain. been rainin bout everyday here in south arkansas for bout three weeks. just went and checked and my persimmon trees all under water so not gonna be able to go there till river drops, but my secondary places still dry and the deer will be pushed in so still might do some good. just had to get me some arrows yesterday, was down to 2, lol. good luck with your openin mornin....oct 1 here!

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turned into a good morning weather wise. Rain didnt hit till after 10am. Only seen the squirrels this morning while hunting low on the mountain.

Im looking forward to cooler weather. Hot and buggy today. Bugs dont buzz you to death during winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts