Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm watchin babe winklemans show today and this guys string hits his jacket and the arrow hits the deer in the HIND LEG! the deer runs 40 yds and lays down and dies. has anyone else used rage slipcams and have they worked that good for you. if it seems like this is irritating me thats because i lost a doe to a bad shot this season.:ranting:

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
I'm not a rage fan because of all the stories I hear, so my opinions on rage broadheads are always going to be less than favorable.
Rage broadheads are effective "IF" they function properly. Most stories I hear about rage are not good ones "EVERY" person I spoke with that uses them admit they don't fly well and their proper functionality is questionable.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I would not base a performance of a broadhead on a shot you seen on TV where the arrow hit the hind leg. The dude just got lucky. Ive seen a kid shoot a deer on top of the deer's back (kinda to the side) and it not run more than 40 yards. The kid got lucky and hit a main vein. That doesnt mean I'm gonna run out and buy the broadhead that he was using.

I've seen mixed reactions on the rage broadhead in the media and on this site as well. Some say they work great and some say they don't. I choose to go with a fixed blade broadhead because they have worked great for me in past.

Dont let it bother you to much that you lost that deer earlier in the season. It happens to the best. It sucks yes, but we got to get better at what we do. You said it was a "bad shot". Just keep practicing so you can turn those into great shots. Im sure whatever broadhead you were using would have worked fine if it had went in through the vitals.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got my first (recovered) bow deer this morning. using the same broadhead i lost the other deer with, fixed blade 100 gr wasps, 28 yds she ran about 50 yrds leaving a blood trail a blind man could follow. 74 lbs dressed. totally excited:pickle:

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Sweet deal man. Congrats a million. Glad to see the wasp did the job. I got a co-worker that uses those. He seems happy with them.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Congratulations okiebowhunter!!!!

She's going to be a young, tender, tasty Venison! :w00t:

·
Registered
790 Posts
:ranting:
so i'm watchin babe winklemans show today and this guys string hits his jacket and the arrow hits the deer in the HIND LEG! the deer runs 40 yds and lays down and dies. has anyone else used rage slipcams and have they worked that good for you. if it seems like this is irritating me thats because i lost a doe to a bad shot this season.:ranting:
I lost respect for that man for putting that garbage on TV. If he thinks that was a great hunt or for that matter a great show I've got news for him. He is just another Yahoo that I despise. He should stick to fishing and cooking shows.

·
Registered
190 Posts
are we seriously still on this rage broadheads thing get over this hype guys i cant stand them

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts

I lost respect for that man for putting that garbage on TV. If he thinks that was a great hunt or for that matter a great show I've got news for him. He is just another Yahoo that I despise. He should stick to fishing and cooking shows.
I was wondering the same thing. Why put a messed up shot like that on T.V.? :ph34r:

·
Registered
5 Posts
There so many differant broadheads, I could tell you the best is thunderhead 100s which I have used 20+yrs.My good friend he uses muzzys and he says they are the best.All that matters what works for you,trail and error is whats works best.If you look ,there are stores which you shoot with your bow with differant braodheads,or try your friend before you buy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Rage

I have been shooting Rages for the last 3 years, I started out with the 2 blade because it had the largest cutting diamater, but like a below reply said they didnt fly true. So before switching I tried the 3 blade. They fly 10 times better and are very drastic with a complete pass thru. I would say I am impressed. but thats just my two cents. Good luck and be safe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts