Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of archers are using the Rage heads but I want to pass along some of my own experience and of my buddies up in the UP of Michigan. Last year I lost that pa 8pt with a square hit to the shoulder using the Rage 3 blade. Bad hit on my part but I know that the Muzzy MX3 would have made it into the lung area for a kill. My buddy, who has shot nearly 100 archery deer, has lost three deer using the Rage broadheads. These shots were all frontal shots behind the shoulder, showing lots of blood in the beginning but the bucks/does stayed on their feet walking over a mile, no blood trail left, to who knows where they ended up. These deer were not immediately pursued so they weren't pushed after the shot. I have also seen up close the damage the Rage head does and how quickly the deer can expire. Based on the increase of lost deer using the Rage heads by several hunters and new ones posted here at DHC, I have decided to go back to the trusted Muzzy MX3 heads. Crossbow and compound alike will shoot the Muzzy MX3.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My son took the remaining 3 blade Rage heads, he swears by them, me I swear at them, well only once, and it was all my fault. I just think with a marginal shot, I know you snipers never have a marginal shot, the Rage looses too much energy giving poor penetration vs a strong fixed blade head. These are just my own thoughts. I could be wrong, however, hell would freeze over first! :whistling: just kidding folks.......

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Two of our hunting group love the 3 blade Rage heads, my son being one of them and has good success not perfect though. I've experienced many times what the Muzzy heads due and it's amaizing. I'm not a fan of the Muzzy 4 blade as it cuts a smaller hole. I have no experience with the Rage 2 blades. My own opinion is the Rage 3 blade expands too much energy at the point of contact vs the Muzzy MX3. This only my thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts