Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to share this story with my fellow deer hunters. I decided to go sit in one of my tree stands yesterday at 11:00 am. I usually don't hunt in the middle of the day but had nothing better to do and you can't kill one in your living room. I had a grag line with doe pee and proceeded to enter the woods to my tree stand. I walked about 150 yards in and crossed a creek and heard someone walk in the woods behind me. I stopped to see who was following me in a saw a 6pt buck coming down my exact path with nose to the ground. He looked up at me a couple of times and I just stood their motionlesss. He put his nose back to the ground. I knocked an arrow he looked up. I stood still, he put his nose back to the ground. I raised an drew, he looked back up. I stood still, his nose went back to the ground, turned broadside and the rest is history. Shot him at 12 yards while standing on the ground. My hunt took about 6 minutes. Never had that happen before but was pretty exciting. You just never know what will happen when hunting these awesome animals.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Great experience! I've had the reverse of that happen about 5 times... Sitting in my stand till about 11am (got there before sun up) and the moment I get down from my stand a deer shows up. I think sometimes they get so curious that they actually go and see what's making the noise- not all the time though...

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Congratulations! Sounds like you caught a perfect time during one of the rutting phases, the seeking phase,
this buck smelled your drag and decided he better check this gal out...
I'd love to see a photo if you have one.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
:lol: I love it..

I couldnt help laughing while I read your post. Its great how sometimes it takes 2 weeks to see a deer and then another time you have a hunt like you did.

Perfect. Congrats on the buck. 6 minutes should be a record in my book.

·
Registered
602 Posts
nice going. a buddy of mine had his bottle of code blue leak in his thigh pocket last year. was walking back to his truck about 10:00 am and had a 9 point come out right behind him. ended up shooting him about 50 ft from his truck. lol

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
nice going. a buddy of mine had his bottle of code blue leak in his thigh pocket last year. was walking back to his truck about 10:00 am and had a 9 point come out right behind him. ended up shooting him about 50 ft from his truck. lol
My luck I would have been walking to slow that day and that 9 point would have caught up with me and beat the crap out of me.. :nerd:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts