Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good way to scare doe's and buck's off with out scaring them away for good. I hunt food plots and quite commonly get stuck up in the stand with deer right under me once it's dark. Does anyone have a way to scare them away so they don't see you getting down out of the stand?

G

·
i got stuck like that in il on a morning sit and the guide said blow at them like a deer blowing. it didn't work they laid right there till they saw me. if its dark enough I don't think they really know its a human just that something is there. i stay in the tree till i can't see the leaves on the ground then get down and i will hear deer running on my way out. interesting problem to have though.

welcome to the club from nh

·
Registered
19 Posts
One trick is to carry some fox urine w/ you. I know it is normally a cover scent, but if you drop some down there they will think a fox is close. Even though a fox is not really a true threat it is still the predator/prey instinct and they will get a real quick wiff of something that wasn't there before. The best part is they will think it is something they regularly encounter and won't be too nervous to come back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.