Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I shot a PSE Bow Madness bow at Bass Pro the other day and I have to admit it shot great. PSE has made their way back the last couple of years after letting the industry pass by. Well I can say their making a fast, extreemely quiet, solo cam, in a mid-priced bow! I shot the bow comfortably at 60 lbs which is a bit more than my Mathews. I could tell the PSE is much faster with a more moderate cam. I'm going to shoot a Diamond Black Ice and Ice Man then a Mathews S-2 and then make up my mind. The PSE had no hand shock and no bow movement after firing off.

G

·
i've shot a pse for about 6 years now and they were up to the rest back then. my first pse was the vengeance and now i'm got the x force. they'll stack up to any bow. years ago, 15 or so, i thought of them as the subaru of bows, not any more. pse also owns browning bows.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just remembered a pse bow I had, a Vector back around 1982-1983. My brother shot a pse Thunder Flite for many years, that was not a very good bow. Going out tomorrow to shoot a Diamond Black Ice and a Mathews S-2.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love my PSE G- force. It's a lil heavy, but even for an "old" bow, I shoot faster than a few of my buddies Mathews. No doubt that mathews has alot of very respectable products, I believe that alot of thier popularity may stem from advertising.

·
Banned
23 Posts
I have a youth older PSE dual cams

I got this bow at a swap meet. The draw string was broken. Where can I find info on the bow. I tried to restring it but it looks like the cams are mounted backwards. I will try to send some pic later of it.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you'll need to know the model to determine the draw weight & draw length in-order to get the correct bow string. Take it to your nearest bow shop and have them take a look at it. Safety is the prime issue here, the bow shop can evaluate the bow for you and try to get it into proper shooting condition.

·
Registered
33 Posts
look around and find a dealer, or call Oneida, yes they are also back. they have released a few new models, lighter, smoother, faster and a bunch quieter. They are working hard ot get the name back out there, and their latest bow, atleast newest release more to come soon, is the Falcon and it is a rocking bow.

G

·
look around and find a dealer, or call Oneida, yes they are also back. they have released a few new models, lighter, smoother, faster and a bunch quieter. They are working hard ot get the name back out there, and their latest bow, atleast newest release more to come soon, is the Falcon and it is a rocking bow.
send me one and i'll run it through paces and give a report to all these guys. I'll send you a pm with the mailing address. wink wink I remember the screaming eagle being the top of the heap when I first got into bow hunting a bazillion years ago.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
send me one and i'll run it through paces and give a report to all these guys. I'll send you a pm with the mailing address. wink wink I remember the screaming eagle being the top of the heap when I first got into bow hunting a bazillion years ago.
Geeze Ronn got to say you look good for your age
what was your first bow a stick & a piece of Hay? :unsure:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I started my son out with a PSE Nova and then sold it to my nephew to start hunting with. You would be pleasently pleased with some of the mid priced new bows on the market. The performance of newer cam designs have taken the bow speeds up quite a bit in just the last couple of years and easier to draw which is good for us "older" bowhunters.

·
Registered
799 Posts
I started shooting a bear magnum 44 back in "89". about 4 years ago I treated myself to my second bow, a PSE firestorm lite dual nrg hybrid cam bow that is a short 30" axle to axle. I wanted something more compact than the bear I was using and what I got was shorter, faster, lighter and more accurate. I have heard the pros and cons surrounding PSE. All I can say is I haven't found anything I dislike about this bow and if it is any representation of what PSE is producing now they will be making my next bow. but not just yet, I still enjoy the firestorm too much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I will be buying a PSE Bow Madness after Christmas. I bought very very old PSE to find out if I enjoy archery hunting or not, and have now decided I will have the bow out for part of rifle season. Once I realized how much I like bow hunting, I have gone on a spree shooting a ton of bows over past two months. I have shot mathews, diamond, Parker, Hoyt, and every model PSE. I really want the X-force dream season but the extra money won't make me a better hunter. I enjoy the action of the single cam, the let off, the quietness, LOVE the super slim grip, don't feel vibration and zero torque after release. I didn't notice any difference personally between the 28 in. XS versus the 32 in. model so I'm going with the XS and putting the extra $100 into a new rest. This bow seems to fit me best and I can't wait to buy one once bigger priorities are taken care of as I'm on a college student budget. After clunking my 40 inch axle- axle Carroll Marauder around in my climber I'm ready for a shorter bow. Anybody know what year that model was made, it isn't even on the PSE site as far back as like 92. Thanks.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Does anyone own or have they shot the x force SS. I am considering a new bow and really like short bows. I am concerned though with the brace height of 6-3/4" and 27" axle to axle vs the speed/performance. sounds like it might make for a radical shooter.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.