Deer Hunting Forums banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
I really wanted to try one of those but those odds are not good at all
sounds like what Tator & I went though w/ the WGI cam's but at least yours all went at the same time. seemed like I was shipping bad cams weekly

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?!?!?!?

HAHAHA! Primos has a new cam in the mail to me as we speak. They said it should arrive tomorrow. I think I'm just going to ebay it and be done with them. Now I'm torn between buying another D55ir or a bushnell??? anyone got a coin?? I still do have one WGI out and it seems to be doing half way ok. Maybe it's the 1 in 1,000 that actually works. But you can rest assured, the day it goes bad it's getting shipped back.

ALSO- for all you guys out there who are spending all your hard earned money on these trail cams, don't waste your time with the warranty card. All these companies have a 1 year return policy and I have yet to produce a reciept or fill out a warranty card. They have never asked me how old the cam is either. In my eyes, the cam could be 5 years old and if it stops I'm calling the company and demanding a replacement. TO ME, $150+ is alot of money, and if I'm going to pay that, it better work a HECK of a lot longer than just 5 years or so. NEVER NEVER NEVER just put the cam away and think they won't send you a new one because it's 2 years old or whatever.... CALL THEM, they want your business. I can't think of a business right now in the hunting community that is MORE competitive. IF they hastle you,,, tell them you're going with another company from now on. Just my opinion guys, to me, it's worth getting a new one shipped to me. I don't have $150+ to throw away,,, even if it was purchased 5 years ago.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?!?!?!?

HAHAHA! Primos has a new cam in the mail to me as we speak. They said it should arrive tomorrow. I think I'm just going to ebay it and be done with them. Now I'm torn between buying another D55ir or a bushnell??? anyone got a coin?? I still do have one WGI out and it seems to be doing half way ok. Maybe it's the 1 in 1,000 that actually works. But you can rest assured, the day it goes bad it's getting shipped back.

ALSO- for all you guys out there who are spending all your hard earned money on these trail cams, don't waste your time with the warranty card. All these companies have a 1 year return policy and I have yet to produce a reciept or fill out a warranty card. They have never asked me how old the cam is either. In my eyes, the cam could be 5 years old and if it stops I'm calling the company and demanding a replacement. TO ME, $150+ is alot of money, and if I'm going to pay that, it better work a HECK of a lot longer than just 5 years or so. NEVER NEVER NEVER just put the cam away and think they won't send you a new one because it's 2 years old or whatever.... CALL THEM, they want your business. I can't think of a business right now in the hunting community that is MORE competitive. IF they hastle you,,, tell them you're going with another company from now on. Just my opinion guys, to me, it's worth getting a new one shipped to me. I don't have $150+ to throw away,,, even if it was purchased 5 years ago.
The madness will end when you buy a Moultrie LOL
Man I should go work for them
I don't have the cash either to throw away & I have less time to keep shipping cameras back as well
from the reviews on either the Moultries or Bushnells they both seem to be the best choices in the lower priced cameras
I just ordered a second D55IR myself

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well I'm set to have my new primos 60 delivered today... kinda hoping they send me a higher up model b/c when I called I asked them if they are having lots of problems with the 60 and they said YES! Plus, if they send me the next higher one, that'll be more $$ in my pocket to get another moultrie or bushnell. I'm really tempted on the bushnell, but my mind is more at ease with the moultrie since I already have one. what to do, what to do....

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Tator
Go w/ the Bushnell with your luck I don't want the Moultries to start crapping out too :w00t:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Tator
Go w/ the Bushnell with your luck I don't want the Moultries to start crapping out too :w00t:

Ain't that the truth! haha Got the primos cam "replacement" in the mail today, getting ready to place it on EBAY. They sent me the same cam back, the 60.

I didn't think of this,,, but if anyone wants to buy it off me I'll be more than willing to sell it. This is a BRAND NEW CAM in the package. I had one before and it stopped working, I sent it back and they sent me this. BTW- it's the Primos Truth Cam 60 (IR)

MAKE AN OFFER.... You may get surprised... PM me.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just checked ebay and the Moultrie D55ir's are going for around $85 with FREE SHIPPING. Just wanted to pass that info along b/c my wal-mart has them for $117 and last Christmas I bought one on sale for $100 (reg $120) at Dick's. Good trail cam guys and gals, here's a pic of what they look like:

Super easy to use- but I do recommend reading the manual b/c if you don't it will be confusing-- once you read the book, they are a sinch to figure out.

ALSO,,, Here is the Bushnell Trophy Cam XLT I've been talking about wanting to try. This is the one Ronn talked so much about and has sparked my interest. Wal-mart has them at $147, but ebay is much higher (around $180-$200 w/shipping not included).

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Just checked ebay and the Moultrie D55ir's are going for around $85 with FREE SHIPPING. Just wanted to pass that info along b/c my wal-mart has them for $117 and last Christmas I bought one on sale for $100 (reg $120) at Dick's. Good trail cam guys and gals, here's a pic of what they look like:

Yup I should have said that better when I said they were on EBAY for
under $100

GOOD LUCK SELLING THAT THING HERE NOW LOL

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well I'd be willing to part with it for $150 w/shipping or $160 w/free shipping. They retail around $179. I may take $140... but you'll have to send me copies of every buck you ever take with it. lol

BRAND NEW GUYS... PRIMOS TRUTH CAM 60, NEW IN PACKAGE.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Tator
did you get a new camera yet?

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I haven't even had time to put the truth cam on ebay yet!! I've been running around here like a chicken with it's head cut off. Anyways, I think I'm going to go with the bushnell, but the moultrie M-80 is looking mighty nice to me as well....

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
well good luck hope you get a good one
so you don't have to send another one back

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Hey ill take that Primos 60 off your heads..

:lol::lol::lol::lol: HA HA.. What am I smoking.

The only reason I would take it is because I would get a new camera every 6 months for the cost of shipping it back.. Dont want that headache though.

Good luck with your new one.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
BF maybe you can get a two for one deal
Tator still has a WGI camera also then you can have a new camera every 3 months :no:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Haha! Sorry fellas, the truth cam is on EBAY as we speak. I started it out at $81.99 and it's up to $83 with 4 days to go. Checked wal-mart out this weekend and they had my bushnell marked down to $124 (used to be $147). AND the moultrie d-80 was $127... what to get, what to get....

G

·
Haha! Sorry fellas, the truth cam is on EBAY as we speak. I started it out at $81.99 and it's up to $83 with 4 days to go. Checked wal-mart out this weekend and they had my bushnell marked down to $124 (used to be $147). AND the moultrie d-80 was $127... what to get, what to get....
huh, interesting. do tell more.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
My hunting partner bought the moultrie D-80 this morning. We already hung it. Ill have some pics for you in 2 weeks.

He was horse laughing me as I set it up on the way to the woods. Calling me a moron etc because of how long it was taking me. It will be funny when he checks his camera and every picture says ARKSUCKS on it. He is a huge Arkansas fan. Im just glad I didnt tell him when we got out of the woods. He would have prob went back in after it.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Now thats funny right there BF
you need to get a pic of his face when he starts checking the pic's

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
My hunting partner bought the moultrie D-80 this morning. We already hung it. Ill have some pics for you in 2 weeks.

He was horse laughing me as I set it up on the way to the woods. Calling me a moron etc because of how long it was taking me. It will be funny when he checks his camera and every picture says ARKSUCKS on it. He is a huge Arkansas fan. Im just glad I didnt tell him when we got out of the woods. He would have prob went back in after it.
that is hilarious! Let me know how he likes that d-80. My truth cam 60 is set to sell this sat, so i'll be purchasing either the bushnell or d-80 on sat night or sun afternoon. can't wait!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts