Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im pumped about my upcoming hunt so i have been shooting more and exercising more.I went to go shoot tonight,i picked up the bow shot a bullseye then shot 4 more different spot bulls.fliped the box around put 2 in the heart and the other 3 in the vitals.I'm still feeling "high" from that.those deer/bear are in trouble

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Man Joel I'm really rootin for ya on this hunt, Especially now
after hearing how well you're smacking them targets I can't wait to see the pics... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Keep it up. I need to start shooting now myself, but it is to hot. It's hard to get fired up in 95 degree heat. I don't have the time to go to an indoor range hopefully it will cool off in a couple of weeks.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i use a block target and shoot in the basement 20yrds.this week i'll be camping and im going to bring the block and set up my 30,40 pins."there is no escaping...":surprised:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
How do I spell success? Confidence, Confidence, Confidence! Joel you got it flowing so much I can feel it here in Ohio! All critters "beware" joel is armed and dangerous.:surprised:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Shoot often as you can. I am not confident shooting outside of 20 yards now.

I knew you lived in NYC and was wondering where the world you could be shooting but you have clarified. A bonified basement plinker...awesome. I live in a cookie cutter/postage stamp neighborhood myself. I have a fenced in yard (.25 acres) but have to exercise caution when I shoot to eliminate any "flyers". I have shot over my target a few times and I have a slight hill behind the target that stops the arrows. I make sure I pull my bow straight back instead of raising the bow while drawing back. I can rip a 20 yard shot-max. I think I would be shooting more if I had a little more room to work in.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I'm sorta in the same situation limited shooting range. I can get a 30 yd shot in. I have a Block target with additional styrofoam backing of 4" and then a 4x4 sheet of plywood against the wood fence. Even with all that a faulity caliper release makes for some interesting results with the neighbors. Its happened a couple of times.
:ph34r:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am so envy of you guys getting intoyour practice mode I use to shoot almost year round but took sick 2 years ago and it has been a battle ever since. I finnaly just had surgery and am presently in physical theraphy. The first question I asked my therapist was when can I shoot my bow she saoid we will look at that next week. I can not wait as bow season opens here in RI oct 1. Shoot straight and stay safe. Thanks for letting me join a very valuable forum. Peace

Dr3

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Hey bigbucks you and I are in the same situation. Yesterday my PT and I discussed when can I shoot the bow. My origional goal was Oct 1st which would give me 1 month to practice till the hunting trip. Well we are going to try the bow in 2 weeks after a good evaluation by the PT. Currently I am increasing the weights in therapy and handling them ok. Good luck on your re-hab and hopefully return to the shooting quickly. HM

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hunting man I wish you a speedy recovery and hopee you have plenty of time to practice before your hunt. I am realy bored and can not wait until I can get out and hang some stands also. I may have to take a few rifles to the range to get it out of my system. I know guns how dare I talk that way in the bow hunting forum but It will give me some relief:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I hear you! I'm going to find out how much the body can take and adjust from there. Guns, bows whats the difference its all about the woods/hunting/and outdoors.
:pickle:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
getting the bow out tonight dusting it off, waxing the string, just a bit bored and need something to do. In two weeks hope to shoot it and see what happens to those pesky neck muscles. They will either be ok and just some mild pain or? Rip tear scream!:crybaby:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hunting man I hear you!!!!!!!!!! Tommorrow I have to do something I have not done anything in the last three weeks. Actually I am lying I took a walk with my dad my 3 year old son and my uncle to check on a few stands. Not far walk but it was exciting to see my son picking up turkey feathers and showing him deer tracks and turkey tracks. Man it is so awesome to see kids in the outdoors. Well tommorrow I will let you all know what I am up to. Happy hunting scouting shooting trapping etc.:wink:

D3

1 - 13 of 13 Posts