Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so far behind on my annual practice schedule it ain't even funny. By now I should be hitting a 3" circle at 30 yards with just a few flyers out of 50 arrows a day. Instead I am struggling just to shoot fifty and keep them on the block. The season opens hear the last weekend of September and I have some catching up to do to be ready.

I should be shooting out of a stand already and dialing in the broadheads. ARGH! Not enough time in the day and it's getting less everyday! Just too dadgum busy.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i can relate i normally have been shooting all summer but my increasing back/neck pain have zapped my strength and enthusiasim this year:bag:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I know how you're feeling joel, maybe. I swear the steroids are oozing out of every pore. That shot I took last Friday migrated into my sinuses and all I can smell is medicine. I'm trying to shoot once a week to keep on target and help the shoulder muscles stay loose. :crybaby:I keep my shots under 30 yds, and most are under 20 yds. I always thought I'd have more time to enjoy hobbies as I got older but seems like there aren't enough hours in a day to get anything done....

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
It must be in the Air, I can't seem to get caught up on anything this year seems like the more I do the more I fall behind.

Pain? This years been the worse for me in many years, I sealed our driveway last week and now my Back doesn't want to recover from it.

My Bow, I've shot it once so far that was 2 weeks ago I was shooting well but I dont develop that needed confidence without lots of practice and Bow season opens Oct. 3rd. :ranting:

·
Registered
388 Posts
I'm just 25 and am busier than years past. I wish I was out practising more too. Priorities, priorities. Family first, than the Great outdoors. (thats not alwaya easy to keep in line, especially with the air cooling down and the leaves turning colors)

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
my word we are one hurting bunch in here
I injured my shoulder about 2 months ago & reinjured it 2 weeks ago
I got the courage to pull my bow back a couple days ago & I am only shooting 2 arrows a night season here is Tuesday Hope everyone gets better

1 - 8 of 8 Posts