Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have information on this combo? I've heard they are not compatible? Any suggestions or comments?

·
Banned
611 Posts
they are compatible. I shot a good deal over 5,000 rounds last year with blackhorn209 and 99% of the bullets i used were Powerbelts.

What gun do you have?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FG,
I have a Thompson Encore Pro Hunter. I'm going from .45 cal to 50 cal for a heavier more reliable bullet. Been shooting 200gr hornady sabots which are accurate but just go their own way if they hit a rib or something. Penetration is terrible.
daddus

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
D1, my son and I shoot TC shock waves in 250 gr using black Horn and have great accuracy and clean kills. I shoot them in TC and Knight rifles. Powder charge of 90-100 gr works for me.

·
Banned
611 Posts
Most likely wont shoot that great with powerbelts. TC's bores have a bad habit of not shooting powerbelts worth a squat. Or any conical for that matter.

Increase your bullet weight to the 250 or heavier. Also check out the harvester scorpion PT Gold. These suckers are accurate.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
FG that' might be true with the newer TC bores. The Fire Hawk loves the old TC Maxi-hunters, I know those are past history. It has the slightly slower barrel twist something like 1-32? but it is very accurate. My son took ownership of it and shoots the 250 Shock waves in it. I've haven't shot Powerbelts just because I haven't had a problem with accuracy using TC or Barnes bullets in the new rifles and reading all the reports saying they don't shoot well in TC rifles. I really need to get to the range with the son-in-law's Tradition I got for him and see what it will do. I should be off the 3 man rotation shift in early July which will free up some time.

·
Banned
611 Posts
Yeah the firehawk and the older models didn't have this problem. These newer tc's though, they just cant seem to get their QLA squared away and no matter how many complaints they get, they wont fix it. Their non QLA hawken rifles - renegades do excellent with conicals as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.