Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to try my Ross on birds this spring after sitting in my blind this fall watching 3 yr. ols gobblers walk past at 3 yds!
Looking for more of a challenge this season, we have a good flock population and it seems they are sticking to the edge of open fields... so a nice set-up just inside the woods may be the ticket.

G

·
Raggedy, I know you

Raggedy, I know you are a daughter all dads would be so proud of! How can I tell? By the felieng for others you put in your blogs and comments.I never hear you say 'life isn't fair,' even though you've had some really tough times.Maybe it's that way because you are sharing and caring and now as in the past all your friends are 'pulling' for you, an awful lots!Keep on keep'n on and please don't overdo things, we are very patient but concerned for you. I.e. just best wishes for your health right now!..

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
couple seasons ago I park my truck on a tractor path in sight distance from my blind, two gobblers come to my calls walk right past my truck, feathers touching the side of the truck... well i had the blind curtains down and those birds saw me move in that blind at 100 yds!

You can bet I will keep the camo blinds closed and shoot thru them this season, as the turkeys do not see the movement thru them.

I think you can put them in the middle of an open field and have good results.

G

·
couple seasons ago I park my truck on a tractor path in sight distance from my blind, two gobblers come to my calls walk right past my truck, feathers touching the side of the truck... well i had the blind curtains down and those birds saw me move in that blind at 100 yds!

You can bet I will keep the camo blinds closed and shoot thru them this season, as the turkeys do not see the movement thru them.

I think you can put them in the middle of an open field and have good results.
we dont have that many fields around here. a blind won't work with my tactic for spring birds. i kill most of my birds in the woods. i wouldn't mind videoing a bow from a blind and will probably try it at some point. i'm pretty happy just shooting them right in the face with a shotgun.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.