Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just planted 5 small plots on our lease. We went with Shock Plot and wheat. Here is a pic of 1. Ill try to get some more when they start growing. The shock plot folks claim there stuff gets high quick. We shall see.

We sprayed each spot with Gly-4, let everything die, waited several weeks, went back through and tilled it up, and then sowed. Hope it works well enough.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep its been raining like crazy so far this year. We had several inches last week. Just need it to do it again real soon.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I never heard of shock plot...I want to see a pic when it grows
i just got a good rain on my new plots today..Hope you get one too

·
Registered
6 Posts
Next year try planting your foodplots on the weekend of the full moon. crops above the ground do better as full moon brings water tables up. also try a cheap soil tester they cost about $10, we have to add lime to ours about every other year. We planted our food plots on the last full moon they are up about 18" already and the deer are all over them. Good luck and hope you have a good season

·
Registered
185 Posts
How much does it usually cost to plant a small sized food plot anyway(cheapest possible)?

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its more time than money RN. If you got the equipment to disc/till etc then all your out is the seed and fertilizer. $25 bucks would buy enough for a 1/2 acre easy.

Rain all over the place down here. It hit at a good time. Plots should be doing well by the time I make it back down there.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some pics of one of the plots.

A close up pic of some of the shock plot coming up.. The wheat was planted separate.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i planted a very small plot in my yard but only a couple small plants grew up
out of the ground

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ill try get some more pics within a week or so. Hopefully the shock plot is getting on up by then.

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here are some updated pics of the plots. They are coming up great and the deer are wearing them out. I put a trail cam up near one of them to see what we have hitting em.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Looks awesome, hope the trailcams catch some good shots for ya.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts