Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Blue Bonnets and Paint Brushes are coming in, but without much rain there isn't as many as usual...but we SHOULD be getting some rain today and 2morrow.

Pastures are, well kinda, full of red and blue -- and a little pink

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Dogwoods aswell are coming in...in case someone doesn't know the Dogwood ledgend --
"Wiki"
The legend of the dogwood
There is a Christian legend of unknown origin that proclaims that the cross used to crucify Jesus was constructed of dogwood. As the story goes, during the time of Jesus, the dogwood was larger and stronger than it is today and was the largest tree in the area of Jerusalem. After his crucifixion, Jesus changed the plant to its current form: he shortened it and twisted its branches to assure an end to its use for the construction of crosses. He also transformed its inflorescence into a representation of the crucifixion itself, with the four white bracts cross-shaped, which represent the four corners of the cross, each bearing a rusty indentation as of a nail and the red stamens of the flower, represents Jesus' crown of thorns, and the clustered red fruit represent his blood

Some of the trees are coming out

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Brazos River is really low...if you look close you can see someone fishing on the left bank..

Found a small shed the other day

And a big leaf! lol

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The sunsets lately have been really pretty

This isn't really a sunset but..

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Those are awesome Pic's ETD, with a little bit of editing any one of them could be a "Contest" winner. :w00t:

I added an amature photo album to my profile, I've been dabbling in photography a little bit trying to learn more about taking good quality photo's,,,,
If anyone gets bored go check em out.... :bye:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts