Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
thats a nice little deer. oh theres a gator, and a rattlesnake, and isn't that, i think it is, one of those rattlehead copper mouths.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
awesome pics kemster99. I lived in florida but never ventured far into the woods while I lived there, between the heat, gators, snakes, bugs and my lack of hunting knowledge in that region oh and health issues I just figured it was safer to stay out of the woods during that time but I'm back on track now So if I ever get back down that way I think I'd try doing some scouting just to see what's what. I wouldn't mind harvesting a nice long Rattler, would be cool having a cutom pair of boots made or a nice snake skin hat. :w00t:

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
these were taken on my lease in South Georgia. that buck got a free pass this season. our county is a QDM county. both of our bucks we are aloowed to harvest have to have 4 points on 1 side to be legal. will see what he looks like next year. might make a fine first buck for my son.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome pics kemster99. I lived in florida but never ventured far into the woods while I lived there, between the heat, gators, snakes, bugs and my lack of hunting knowledge in that region oh and health issues I just figured it was safer to stay out of the woods during that time but I'm back on track now So if I ever get back down that way I think I'd try doing some scouting just to see what's what. I wouldn't mind harvesting a nice long Rattler, would be cool having a cutom pair of boots made or a nice snake skin hat. :w00t:
COME-ON down--- Florida fish and wildlife just opened up season on pythons, boas, and anacondas. down in the everglades. :pickle::pickle:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
yea:shocking: just what I like to do, wade into the swamps, grab a 30 python and see who wins! Makes me want to go visit the zoo.:w00t:

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
COME-ON down--- Florida fish and wildlife just opened up season on pythons, boas, and anacondas. down in the everglades. :pickle::pickle:
Holy Cow! I can't even imagine a hunt like that but with my luck
I'd probably come across every snake in the Glades and a Skunk Ape or 2.

R

·
0 Posts
oh yea then they got those giant flying cockroaches that are as big as a blue jay. and mosquitoes that can bore through the sidewall of a tire. i visited fl in the 70's even that young i knew it was one of those "nice place to visit but......"

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Holy Cow! I can't even imagine a hunt like that but with my luck
I'd probably come across every snake in the Glades and a Skunk Ape or 2.
them non-native snake species are wrecking havoc on the native bird and reptile population. come on-- just think of it, nice pair of boa or python cowboy boots. :thumbup: just remember what my grandpa used to tell me--- if you gonna be dumb, you better be tough. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts