Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the first time in my life I may be forced to wear glasses. I'm having a heck of a time shooting my bow at dusk. I am dead on in broad daylight shooting 3 inch groups. I always shoot a couple dozen arrows right at dark and am having a very hard time making out the kill zone on my target at 30 and 40 yards. I'm still good at 20. Anybody have this happen? Any tips so I don't have to wear glasses?:crybaby:

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Tip: GET CONTACTS:thumbup: Best thing I ever got....they don't fogg up in the mornings when its cold

G

·
there is a supplement that sports guys take. it sharpens your vision and allows you to focus faster. i think its clariten or something like that. its a bit pricey though. about a buck a day

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Im with ETD.. Contacts.. I got them at 12 yrs old or so and been wearing them ever since. Dont even own a pair of glasses..

Seriously though. Go get your eyes checked and see how bad they really are. If they aren't that bad you can get some specks that you just carry with you to the stand. When it starts getting dusky put em on.

·
Registered
790 Posts
When you figure it out please let us know (ME). ETD I think might have the answer. I have the symptoms too. Tried those pills and they do work but ouch on the wallet so I only use them during hunting season.:crybaby::shocking:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I have a lot of trouble using bi-focals. Need up close vision and distance correction. This makes for some frustrating situations using a peep sight I tend to catch the line separation which is then a fuzzy sight picture. I have the smallest bi-focal lens made to try and minimize the problem. You know what they say about getting older.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
my advice for you is, to first See your Eye doctor for a complete Eye exam.
secondly you shouldn't ever consider trying a pill unless your doctor suggests it.
The pill mentioned (claritin) is taken by many people for allergy relief but not everyone can take them.

Claritin has some serious and sometimes dangerous side affects.

* fast or uneven heart rate;
* feeling like you might pass out;
* jaundice (yellowing of your skin or eyes); or
* seizures (convulsions).

Less serious side effects may include:

* headache;
* nervousness;
* feeling tired or drowsy;
* stomach pain, diarrhea;
* dry mouth, sore throat hoarseness;
* eye redness, blurred vision; <----BLURRED VISION
* nosebleed; or
* skin rash.

Good luck to you Muleskinner, I hope you get the eye exam soon hunting season is too close... Happy hunting and Keep us posted.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Claritan isn't the one Ron. It's allergy medicine. My son takes it. I've seen the one you're talking about advertise. Can't remember the name. It's an herb I think. Yea and the eyes get worse the older I get.

G

·
its not the allergy med but the name is similar. lots of people take vitamins without a drs note. not to mention aspirin, ibuprofen, Tylenol.... its not that kinda med. its a supplement as i said. i've seen it advertised in hunting mags. the eye dr is always a good bet if you are having trouble. heck it could be an infection type thing that drops FROM THE DR could clear up.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
maybe you'll get a lolly pop after:yes:

·
Registered
283 Posts
They sell beta-caratine pills over the counter which is the natural approach. This may help in the short term to get you through the season.
In

·
Registered
283 Posts
They sell beta-caratine pills over the counter which is the natural approach. This may help in the short term to get you through the season.
In the end no pill will provide corrective vision. Contacts are the way to go.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts