Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the PA bow trip wasn't highly successfull, only a 5 pt was taken. We saw over 20 bucks but most were less than the 3 pt minumin. weather was warm and the rut was off, then the last three days it got cooler and the rut was back on. We had a great trip though with good friends and that's what matters most.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, the best we saw were 3-8 pts. No reports of the 12 pt, vanished I guess. I did have a nice 8 pt at 10' but he was under my stand covered by the lower pine branches and couldn't get a shot through. He walked away behind me, oh well. I saw I believe, 12 bucks, mostly spikes, threes fours. For those who question the use of scents, almost every buck came to the scent wicks. No question they will work during the rut. We had a whole week of warm weather. Once it cooled down things picked up. I'll go back for late season flintlock.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
I guess that's why it's called hunting. sometimes you find them and sometimes you don't. Glad you had a good trip.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
time spent at deer camp is time well spent deer or not

·
Registered
790 Posts
HM, I missed you buddy! I would say sorry but how can I ? You were hunting and that is good times under any conditions.:yes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts