Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Things had been hectic at work all week. I was working on a suite of computer equipment that I had just recently 'inherited' when one of our team leads started working on another project and I got 'promoted' to take his place. When starting on Monday, I spend most of the day doing a serial number inventory and then find that 25% of the equipment won't power up. Things were going downhill from there. By late Thursday, I had all of the equipment up and running and I was making progress on the set of computer labs I was supposed to have been working on since Monday.
Friday proves to be a great day at work. I made substantial progress on the computer labs, even coming up with a way to duplicate instructions on one set of equipment so that it would work on another with only a couple of minor changes.
Friday afternoon after work proved to be even better. The deer here have gone into a really unusual pattern. They used to come out at dawn and dusk, almost like clockwork. Due to the late rut, the late full moon, and a lot of light at night, the deer come out right at dark to feed and seem to feed for most of the night. They certainly don't come out at dawn. They seem to wait until around 7:15 to 7:30 or so, right about the time I have to go to work before coming out.
To make a long story short, I'm out in my "spot" at about 4:45 in the afternoon and the only thing to do is sit and wait. And wait . . . and wait. Sure enough, right at dark (well after dusk), I see movement moving coming out of the trees. This one is smart. She waits behind a small juniper tree, sniffing the air, making sure that all is clear, while the limited daylight is quickly fading. When she does walk out into the opening, it's to walk straight across the small clearing. So I have but two seconds to aim and shoot.

I think I managed to get the picture of the doe here as an attachment. I think I spent as much time getting the picture the right size as I did waiting for that doe to finally come out from behind that tree. By the way, the rifle in the picture is older than I am . . . . . . . . . . . and nope, I ain't goin' to say either.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot to mention something about your wheel barrow... Old faithful has hauled many a deer in for you...

For you members that dont know this rdrader is my father-in-law... And anytime you see a pic of one of his deer he always has the same wheel barrow in the background.. I dont know why I find it amusing but I do...

I wonder if he wheels it out there with him while he is going to hunt,,,,,, or if he leaves it at the house until he tags one...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh yeah I forgot to mention something about your wheel barrow... Old faithful has hauled many a deer in for you...

For you members that dont know this rdrader is my father-in-law... And anytime you see a pic of one of his deer he always has the same wheel barrow in the background.. I dont know why I find it amusing but I do...

I wonder if he wheels it out there with him while he is going to hunt,,,,,, or if he leaves it at the house until he tags one...
I leave it at the house until I tag one. No sense wasting energy lugging it out there if nothing shows up. :coffee:

Besides, having it in the background gives a decent comparison for size. Sometimes hard to tell that with our "smaller" TX white tail. :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.