Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a place on the TWRA (that's our wildlife agency in TN) where I can go back and review my harvest data. In the last five years I have taken a total of 27 deer in four counties; 13 bucks and 14 does. I've taken 2 spikes,1 five point, 3 six points, 5 eight pointers, 1 nine pointer, and one 10 point.

That's all they have loaded, I would be interested to know what my lifetime count would be. I have avaraged 5-7 a year for for a long - long time. It would be good to see at what point I started killing the bigger bucks. I know early on if it was brown it was down. that has changed a little these days.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Pretty cool data Buckshot, I can remember a couple of early harvests, 1973 spiker in PA was first kill, then a bit foggy in the middle and now don't remember what i had for breakfast.:sad:

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
me three.:bag:

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
that is pretty neat that they store that data and you can access it. I usually take a picture of any deer I kill even if it's just a doe. I always get pics of my deer w/my son in them, that way as he grows up he sees that he was "involved". Granted, he's only 2, but I think the hunting passion is already growing on him. We mold our kids into what they will become some day. Some parents do a good job at this, while others, well you know... Every time I turn on a deer hunting show he yells out "HI DEER". Funny story, I took him out w/me last Friday afternoon to check cameras and the first thing he yelled when we got out of the truck was "HI DEERS!!!!!" Awesome feeling.... but then we had a talk about being quiet when hunting them! :)

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
Thanks for the info buckshot.. I had no clue we could do that.. Will be neat to check it out..

Tator I like how your starting him out..

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea Tator I can hear it now. There's outside voice, inside voice and hunting voice.:lol::lol:

·
Registered
35 Posts
that is pretty neat that they store that data and you can access it. I usually take a picture of any deer I kill even if it's just a doe. I always get pics of my deer w/my son in them, that way as he grows up he sees that he was "involved". Granted, he's only 2, but I think the hunting passion is already growing on him. We mold our kids into what they will become some day. Some parents do a good job at this, while others, well you know... Every time I turn on a deer hunting show he yells out "HI DEER". Funny story, I took him out w/me last Friday afternoon to check cameras and the first thing he yelled when we got out of the truck was "HI DEERS!!!!!" Awesome feeling.... but then we had a talk about being quiet when hunting them! :)
Last year I took my son and oldest daughter (2 and 5) at the time to a property I was going to be hunting from, to sit and see what we could see one evening. Ben even being a 2 yr old, was all about it and kept insisting that I allow him to use my Binoculars so he could look for the deer. Got a pretty good feeling from it and a couple of nice pics as well.

Took them both out a couple of weeks ago to "get to know" an area, they got to see 7 turkey, but no deer. Its been all they've talked about lately.

028.jpg

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What a great picture, it is great to them interested at a young age.:thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts