Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old 30/30 with a Weaver scope and Weaver mount that you can flip the scope out of the way to use open sights. I know out dated, but that's what I have always used and am comfortable with. When it get's too dark to see through my scope I simply flip it out of the way and hunt with open sights for another 20 minutes or so. My cousin has been trying for a while to find this type mount with no success. I looked and am not sure Weaver still makes them. Does anyone know where we could find them?

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Greetings Turtle, I'm sorry but I ran some quick searches here online and wasn't able to locate flip mounts anywhere, :no:
What I would suggest is, have your cousin buy a nice set of See thru mounts... the see thru's would perform as well as the flip style..

Good Luck

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have a set of those scope mounts on my ruger 44magnum. i personaly think they work great. too dark? flip it over.. cant pickup the deer in the scope? flip it over. awesome mounts dont think ill ever get rid of them.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i got one on my 30/30 ill have to go check it for ya

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no longer made

Bruce, got my reply back from Weaver. They said the pivot bases and rings have been discontinued for several years. Thanks again for your help.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Always glad to help out, Glad you were able to get an answer from them directly...

·
Registered
5 Posts
hERE IS THE QUESTION i HAVE NOT HAD ANSWERED BY ANY HUNTER IN ALABAMA WHY IS THE RUT SO LATE IN ALABAMA COMPARED TO THE REST OF THE COUNTRY?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts