Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so does anyone have any good advice for keeping the wife occupied while in SHE is in the woods id like her to get into hunting and she wants to but as we all know many times bowhunting becomes a stare down contest with eithe rthe random bird squirrel and if they dont show up it could be with a tree. just trying to find some good ways to help her kill the sometimes monotonous times in the woods. she wants to hunt the lan dwe have in KS but i dont want her being loud and obnoxious there so i am taking her into my land in KY to test the waters. my meat comes from KY but my big dear come from KS. so thats the purpose behind that. thanks guys any help is great help.

·
Registered
591 Posts
My wife doesn't bow hunt, but she does hunt during firearms season. For us there are no monotonous times in the woods. It is a welcome change from the hectic life we live. I take great pleasure in watching a leaf fall, grins. And I'm serious. Try to get her to watch what's going on around her, not just lookin for deer. It's amazing at what you can see, smell and hear while in a deer stand. At the risk of sounding like I just came from the 60's, become one with nature and the world around you. If she can learn to enjoy the simple things in the woods, she won't have any problem waiting on a deer. May sound kind of corny but hey it works for me, but I still want to KILL SOMETHING!

·
Registered
957 Posts
I tried to get my wife into hunting. I 'm glad shes not but at the same time it would have been great to have another hunting partner and share the hunt with her.

G

·
My wife doesn't bow hunt, but she does hunt during firearms season. For us there are no monotonous times in the woods. It is a welcome change from the hectic life we live. I take great pleasure in watching a leaf fall, grins. And I'm serious. Try to get her to watch what's going on around her, not just lookin for deer. It's amazing at what you can see, smell and hear while in a deer stand. At the risk of sounding like I just came from the 60's, become one with nature and the world around you. If she can learn to enjoy the simple things in the woods, she won't have any problem waiting on a deer. May sound kind of corny but hey it works for me, but I still want to KILL SOMETHING!
great post .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts