Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the Acorn crop looking this year Naples had NOTHING last year hoping to see a great crop this year
I wasn't going to go this year due to lack of funds but the wife wants some peace that week so I think I need to tick her off more often

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks we had zero here in NH & iwhere we hunt in NY
This year everywhere here was hoping for the same there

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spiker Apples are spotty here too Orchard down the road from me is loaded my trees have nothing 4 trees & I think I have about a total of 5 apples it was funny mine blossomed end of march but got a freeze at my house 1 mile down the road they were fine

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I don't have any reports from PA yet on acorns, my guess with the lean rains all summer the crop will pretty weak. I'll have a report by this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
have to agree HM (with the weather) good acorn crop here but like elswhere they are mostly on the ground already poss due to the lack of rain

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Dep&Hm thats my thoughts also and i think the lack of rain had them drop early too.Ive never noticed them on the ground this early,hope some hang on to October.The apples took a beating with the early warmth and then the hard freeze.Good luck in Naples Dep.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Acorn Drop

I have a white oak and pin oak in my yard.We're in southern PA.The white oak is dumping acorns.I thought we had enough rain,although we did have a dry spell for a couple weeks.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Spiker always a good time no matter what
Even last year we say a lot of deer even without acorns Kill or no kill it is all about getting away with my buddies
just hoping for the good crop so I know where I would have put my stand but luckily last years lack of acorns taught us a lot

1 - 11 of 11 Posts