Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
opens tomorrow and we are in the middle of a noreaster.the rain started wednesday and is supposed to continue till tuesday morning.strong wind gust cold temps freezing rain/snow not exactly the best bowhunting weather:wallbash: not bad for gun hunting ut what can i do?Im gonna grab the rain gear and my :ph34r: gear and try my luck.hopefully the rain aint too bad as i dont hunt if theres the chance the rain will wipe out my blood trail:crybaby:but its still better than riding the sofa and listening to the wife:wacko:eek:n the plus side my rut calender is saying the 17th is the "sweetest day" of october

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
The weather hasn't been the greatest this year for Bow season.
I wouldn't let the rain stop me especially if it's just a light rainfall but wind on the other hand,
a light wind I can deal with high winds drive me nuts I just dont waste my time hunting in high winds any longer.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
opens tomorrow and we are in the middle of a noreaster.the rain started wednesday and is supposed to continue till tuesday morning.strong wind gust cold temps freezing rain/snow not exactly the best bowhunting weather:wallbash: not bad for gun hunting ut what can i do?Im gonna grab the rain gear and my :ph34r: gear and try my luck.hopefully the rain aint too bad as i dont hunt if theres the chance the rain will wipe out my blood trail:crybaby:but its still better than riding the sofa and listening to the wife:wacko:eek:n the plus side my rut calender is saying the 17th is the "sweetest day" of october
I hear ya I have been on vacation all week and it has done nothing but rain. I did manage to get out and take a doe on Wednesday and spent the rest of the time fishing for Crappie so it hasn't been a total waste. The fishing was great we had a limit of thirty on Tuesday and 23 on Friday. They all were in the 11" to 13" size, I'll post a picture next week when I get back to the house.

Good luck tomorrow, I am going to hunt hard Saturday and Sunday myself looks like the weather is going to improve for us.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
supposed to rain all night then a possible window of no rain in the morn till noon then rain till monday,so i may get a chance otherwise its monday,plus side is weekdays are usually empty(1hr ride each way and tolls:no:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
cold, rainy, and wind is all I've seen in Indiana for the past 2-3 weeks. Hate the weather, but I guess we just have to make the best out of it. Good luck at any rate! :w00t:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts