Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are true hunters...and there are Tech geek hunters....my wife is a true hunter and i am newbie-more-gadgets-the -better hunter

If you could take an tool or gadget out there that helps you hunting or getting a better deer..what would it be

..note... you can't say your weapon of kill

·
Premium Member
5,650 Posts
I would say the stuff to help control my scent. After that i feel naked if i dont have my doe bleat. Ive been using that for awhile.

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I'd go with Buckfever on this one. My scent control items and the doe estrus bleat can. As funny as this may seem I have a cell phone that is deactivated but it still tells time and plays games (silently). More importantly my kids are always messing with it and I get to scroll through all the crazy/funny pictures they take. It's a great way to pass the time when I get fidgety.

·
Administrator
5,709 Posts
my compact binoculars, it's nice to see what's coming before it comes in too close

·
Registered
957 Posts
I don't use anything special my attentativeness is what gets me the deer. In my blind a pair of binoculars won't do you much good, and wind control is not a problem either, cuz I have always taken deer that travel from the south east to the north by northwest and most of the time that is where the wind comes from.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
i buy new toys every year its getting pretty crowded in my pack.This is a great question.HMMMMM i'm not sure but for field dressing deer i would say its the kodipack set of 2 knives and a saw:yes:.But i really like my binoculars with the harness that holds them around your chest and not your neck .makes it so easy to carry and use.i think they were from crooked horn but i think cabelas ,bass pro ,etc sell em

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If I had to pick just one it would be binoculars, in riffle season that is what I use the most. But what would I do without the range finder, GPS, compass, camera, grunt tube, and rattling horns. :) I guess the only thing I don't carry is some kind of scent control.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would have to say my Scope.......when it all comes down to it....I probably wouldn't take some of the shot I have taken if I didn't have a scope. I probably wouldnt have shot my nice 8 pointer this year if I didnt have a scope either.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Timberghost has a good idea with the cell phone. Many people don't know this, but you can still call 911 even on a deactivated cell. so if you don't want a bill but want one only for emergencies it's the way to go.
dn

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Timberghost has a good idea with the cell phone. Many people don't know this, but you can still call 911 even on a deactivated cell. so if you don't want a bill but want one only for emergencies it's the way to go.
dn
just make sure you carry it on you not in your pack .if you fall out your stand and are hanging there if its in your pack your out of luck:bag:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts