Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
IF you have Doe's The Bucks will come. It's a little early yet but it will change...
I love finding areas where doe's are abundant, It's a waiting game but you should begin to see some changes soon.
A Buck's nose will easily find those Doe's just be sure to be on stand as often as possible so you dont miss much of the action.
As the rut approaches them bucks will be dancing their way into your DOE zone... Give it a little more time you'll see.. :thumbup: Good Luck

·
Registered
72 Posts
Be careful going in and out. Bucks IMO are a different animal but once the chase-phase of the rut begins, ours is Haloween, theyll get braver and come in. A deer camera would be a good idea in your case.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
deer management

I have found alot of deer scrapes and rubs on my property,at first I found none but as the season progressed the activity was much better.Now I see alot of deer only at night.I have seen a couple nice 6 pointers but do not want to shoot them this year.Will they be 8 pointers next year or how does that work.And also How would I manage them throught this season and in summer.I am new to this Thank you for any help

G

·
baiting is legal in md so a feeding staion may be a good idea to keep them there all year round. one of the problems with md is too many deer and they eat themselves out of house and home. with only 10 acres your chocies are kinda limited. a small food plot may be helpful. oh and don't be afraid to take a couple does for the freezer and hold of on the bucks till a good one comes along.

they could be 8's or 7's or 10's or stay 6's allot depends on the avalible food and the protien level in the spring and summer and the carbs in the food in the fall and winter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
you know i hunt an extremely small plot of woods in NC and for the longest time saw zero sign of bucks. No scrapes, rubs, nothing. THen one night i saw a 13 pt and some cow horns. Eventually found some scrapes and rubs. One thing that helped me is that I made a mock scrape right where I was hunting and shortly later had scrapes and rubs right there with the mock.

By the way, I missed the 13 pt with a bow (first deer I had shot at with a bow, got excited and used the wrong pin on my sight. You learn from your mistakes) and havent seen it again. A week ago (about 715pm) someone local shot that deer with the aid of a rifle and a spot light. Gotta love some ignorant people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.