Deer Hunting Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
we have recently had a few foxes take up residence on our farm, and I am gearing up to eliminate this threat to my poultry( I raise chickens and ducks)... I have a maglite XL50, which is super bright , and was curious if that particular light is generally considered to be enough for night hunting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ok well it was just an idea....soo where do u find all the hunting laws i tried googeling it and not much comes up
if you want to hunt at night i would just hunt hogs. I don't think there is a state in USA that allows hunting deer at night. I know if you're a farmer and meet certain stipulations you may be able to hunt deer at night as a means of controlling your crop but I can't say that with 100% certainty. It's just something I've heard from local farmers before, as I know deer can be a huge pain around these parts. Our local farmers have started planting a row of soybeans on the outside of the field as a sacrificial means to prevent the deer from eating their cash crop.

There are plenty of good hog hunting lights out there you can use. I use the bow mounted light from outrigger outdoors and it works very well for me.

·
Super Moderator
3,347 Posts
Agree only thing here in NH we can night hunt is Yotes & only from Jan. to March

21 - 23 of 23 Posts