Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
That's cool, now I know I'm in NY but I live on a small Indian reserve and don't ever get to go on the State land but do you need a license for bear hunting and is there a season like with the deer? I know it sounds corny but I really don't know.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
TG, I'm pretty sure all states require some sort of bear permit where legal hunting is, several states issue permits through a lottery draw system. Ronn should have some additional info on bear hunting. Michigan is a draw system, PA is a purchased license.

·
Registered
388 Posts
You are issued a bear tag with a big game liscense in NY. No extra charge. Bear season in the southern half New York runs concurrent with deer season and the respective firearm. In the northern half of New York it starts in mid September, before deer season. I've always had a bear tag but have never seen one in the wild. Also, the state is expanding the areas where bear can be harvested as they expand there range.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
TG you can take a bear with a big game license.it also allows for a deer check the NYDEC web page

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
nice looking bear.i want to take one but man hauling it out is gonna be a ....BEAR :w00t:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
it may be a "nuicense bear" thats been relocated

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
state campgrounds are a magnet for bears,thats where alot of nuicense bears come from I would assume you can hunt them you'll probably have to call in the ear tag.as long as its not radio collered i figure its fair game:yes:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I live in PA I've never seen a bear in the woods but there's bear droppings i my yard back by my apple tree.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts