Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tomorrow is nh opener for rifle. my son and i are finishing up pulling all the crap together, doing laundry, setting clocks, and so on. i'm taking the 260 and he's going to use my 243. he does shoot it very well and took both of his deer with it. a little baldy when he was 14 and a basket 7 when he was 15. i think the ages are right, well they are close. be safe

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
Good luck to you and your son ronn and all the other NH hunters heading into the woods in the morning. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
bruce are you hunting? not much word on whats happening in vt.
Our Rifle season begins Saturday the 14th and ends Nov 29th, I've got a few bucks working hard in 2 different areas but
I'm afraid the Rut is going to draw them away before Sat., hopefully they'll get back into these spots if they wander off.
My Bow season was in a new area, a good area but Big woods area which, as you know is difficult to hunt,
I did get a shot at a Doe but clearly missed and in the same area I had a Huge Bear (will prob. dress out at 170-180)
He just never came even close to coming into Bow range NOW I hope he makes an apperance during the Rifle season. time will tell.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the boy and i were there on time, just before legal light. saw another hunter, of sorts someone kinda just stopping around wearing tan pants and what looked like a black jacket but i think it was one of those green wool jackets and carrying a rifle, about 6:30. got to wonder what they were thinking when they got dressed this morning. at 7:00 heard something behind us. i turned to see and a buck had slipped in checking his scrape line. didn't see the head but i sure could smell him. the wind was in our favor. anyway i think he caught my movement to turn and bounced back up the hill. I'm sure he didn't know what he saw so i think he'll be back this evening checking the line. should have been in a tree but with the 2 of us........... headed back shortly.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Duty calls. First time in 25 years that I have had to work opening day. I filled my regular firearm tag last week so I will be hunting for a baldy in the M zone area with my Omega. This Sat is my opening day.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts