Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out there to where I'd been hearing and saw a nice tom, crack of before daylight this morning. We had a drizzle going. He fired up about quarter past 5. Did some calling to him but he was a ways off. they were working towards me in days past so I was going to stay put. Long sorry short after flanking him and him flanking me and playing hopscotch and roundy roundy noon rolled around and I had to leave him after 3 hrs and a mile one way of tug-o-war over ledge and boulders all going up a mt side. The cool thing was first thing after they started talking and I was calling I thought I heard a deer behind me. I'm sitting against a tree that about 2 ft in dia. Anyway I look over my left shoulder and I didn't see anything so I went back to playing with the birds. Then at the same time, I heard something and felt a thumping be it on the ground but I think in was the decoy sticking out of my vest. I look over my right shoulder and was nose to nose with a coyote. Not to proud to mention I may have pooped a little. I could have graped its muzzle say less than 2 ft from my face. It ran to my right and stopped out there 30 35 yards. Joel you'll be glad to know that NH is less 1 coyote. I shot and it ran off but there was hair everywhere. Hevi shot 6's just didn't dump it. Heavy rain for tomorrow so I'll be checking the fields looking for a hot old bird.

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
I bet the Canine pooped a little too..

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Wow I bet that you wont forget that little experience for awhile. That's good that you got the coyote they're getting out of control here. Good luck with the turkey.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
had a doe and yearling 30 yards from me for a half hr this morning. They were just feeding along. Then off to work. heard one gobble and that was it.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
keep at it .im gonna head out tomorrow.was gonna go today but something came up

1 - 7 of 7 Posts