Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi well Im pretty new to hunting birds and using shot guns, my dad got me a little single shot 4-10 from remmington about well a year ago for my birth day last year and Ive recently had another one but I still dont know much about shot guns I know that there is like chokes, guages, patterns diferent slugs but I dont really know what they are or what they do, so could some one help me out and explain it to me better? thank you soooo much

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
shotguns are a blast.your little 410 can actually shoot slugs and can be used as a deer rifle.the chokes are little tubes that screw into the end of the barell they open or restrict by milimeter the opening which the pellets fly through.this is mainly used in bird hunting and shooting clays.the fuller the choke like a full coke or extra full the tighter more close together the pellets shot string will be then you have modified .improved and improved modified these all open up the string to shoot a wider pattern,the wider the patteren the bigger the cloud of pellets but there are trade offs when you go wide there will be fewer pellets in the area as opposed to a full where all the pellets go to one spot ,like a turkeys head:lol:.hope that helps explain chokes.the gauge of the rifle refers to the bore size and the ammo it uses .it goes like this410,20 12 10 smallest to largest.im sure the others will add to this so know ya know get out and start shooting and have fun:lol:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
no definately not dont do itit can shot a slug shotgun shell only

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
glad ya understood .I couldnt find a font big enough:lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
by the way that 410 makes a sweet bird gun cuz ya can carry it all day at port arms without YOUR arms falling off:w00t:

·
Registered
22 Posts
The shotgun is the most versitile arm you can carry to the field. I have an old H&R 12 gauge Topper single shot shotgun. That gun has harvested everything from a bobwhite quail to a wild boar. Just change loads, know your range, and you have meat on the table. Keep concious of what loads you are using for a particular game species and a shotgun will serve you well. I learned this year that 00 buckshot is very effective at taking a deer within in its range. Most of all, have fun, treat the game with respect and pass it on!!!!!

·
Registered
790 Posts
You better check your state regs!!!!!!!!! In Maryland it will give you 5 years in the big house for shooting a 410 slug or having one in your poss. I'm VERY SERIOUS!!!

G

·
I just found your bl

I just found your blog and love this idea! What size did you make your book tags, so that there was enough room for the kids to write on them? Thanks!! :)

G

·
wait,wait,wait 2 try

wait,wait,wait 2 try, and in the first someone with HANDS kielld me and in the second the mystery was resolved the cat was the KILLER!!!But in the first one someone with real hands kielld me the truth is:The Cat Seems be the killer but it Isnt!!! Someone else is the killer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts