Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Ive seen plenty of deer this season, hunting in coosa county in alabama...but this is my first year with my 12 guage slug barrel. The gun is a Mossberg 500A and im shooting with Remington 2 3/4" 1 ounce rifled shugs. I am just wondering what range this type of gun can manage. my dad is hunting with a 30/30 so his stradegy is totally different than mine. from what i hear, 100 yards is about the best i could hit, i dont have a scope on it yet so what do yall recommend distance wise that i could shoot at? thank you in advance

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
Hey fokuz glad to have you aboard the forum. If you have no scope on your gun and your using open sights I think that 100 yards is pushing it. But if you know your guns range and accuracy and feel comfortable enough to shoot that distance then it may be a field decision.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool, thank you for the help...funny thing happened though, my dad decided to buy a 270 and give me the 30/30 haha, so we are going up to the land before the next hunt to sight both of them in. :pickle:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
buy some leverlution ? ammo its from hornady its a little more but boy does it shoot out of those lever action30/30s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts