Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of my fellow New Yorkers know whats goin on with the proposed Oct 1st opening date.Havent heard anything and im sure theirs a 1000 or more idiot politicians involved.IMHO its a great idea.

·
Premium Member
3,347 Posts
Spiker just check the NY website full of info if you can find it LOL one of the worst sites I have ever seen
Have not heard anything yet but we always go roughly the last week of October

·
Registered
388 Posts
Last I heard it was a go for October 1st in the southern zone. The NY DEC webpage is horribly slow to get updated with the correct information.

Updated: Technically its still a proposed change for October 1st but it should be approved before deer season begins.

·
Registered
388 Posts
The October 1st start date for Sounthern Zone New York Archery Opener has been approved.

"Beginning the Southern Zone bowhunting season and the regular season in Westchester County (bowhunting only) on October 1 and establishing a late bowhunting season concurrent with the late muzzleloader season in the Northern Zone. These changes will increase opportunities by several weeks for most New York bowhunters. "

This is from the NYDEC email I recieved.

2-3 more weeks of Bow Hunting for us Southern Zoners!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.