Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had my eye on a new truck for about 6 weeks and... tonight I went out and bought it. I get it next Tuesday. 2010 Chevy crew cab 2500 hd 4X4 Duramax diesel with the Allison trans. With all the current rebates I got it down into a price range I could handle and I had quite a bit of equity in my Ford. Its a dark charcoal outside with a deep charcoal leather inside. I'll have to add a few things to sharpen it up some, it came with running boards but thats about it on extras. I post a picture later.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Congratulations HM... :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
That is one nice truck HM congrats. That is the perfect tow rig.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mark it will only seat 6, sounds like you need a bus for the vacation!:biggrin: In all honesty it doesn't ride as smoothe as my F-150 but it has a lot of potential for a 3/4 ton. We'll see how it looks with a few add-ons for personality. I can only imagine with a Banks monster exaust/intake and a computer chip I think it would haul donkey butt, he he. :nerd: Need more o/t! Lots more o/t for sure. :wallbash:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
im realy suprized to hear you say that the f-150 rides nicer. it has been my experiance that ford builds the tuffer trucks, and chevy the smoother riding more comfy trucks. congrats on the new truck. i myself am looking at getting a new truck in the next month or two.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hunt nh, I would put the F-150 up against anything out there for the best ride. I have really mixed feelings getting rid of my best truck so far. I am going from a 1/2 t to a 3/4 t truck so you get the extra springs and frame which equals some stiffness and bounce . From what I could tell that 6.6l diesel motor has a whole lot of get up and go. I'm sure fuel will hit 3.50/gal this summer. Oh well I don't have a long drive to work 3 mi.

·
Registered
591 Posts
I think the 150's are almost as good as a car nowdays as far as the ride. I have 2 3/4 ton fords. The ride is a bit more rough. One is a diesel, I love it. They say the chip is the way to go. I have an appointment to get one installed next week. I have plenty of power as it is but the gas milage is a killer. Get ready on those oil changes, mine takes 15 qts of oil, I freaked the first time :shocking:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
HM that's the first time I ever heard someone say a ford rides better than a Chevy. To me Chev's have a smoother ride and more comfortable seats.

You might want to check the tire presure in your 2500. It may be up to the max presure of 80psi. When I am not pulling a load I reduce it to 60psi for a much more comfortable ride.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Buckshot, I've had a whole lot of people say my F-150 was the best riding truck they have ever rode in. I will check the tire pressure when I get the new one home Tuesday. Thanks for the heads up. I've had several new Fords and Chevys over the years and my take is, the Chevy 1500 trucks always had a floaty feel on the road, too soft maybe. The Ford f-150s have a firmer stance on the road but not bumpy. This chevy falls somewhere in between the bump and firm road feel. Probably will need a little weight on the rear to smoothe things some. I'd like to put a matching cap (not camper top) on it. We'll see how much ot is left.
Southern Man, let me know how that chip works out as I will be very interested. I've done some research and most say that they don't see much milage change but do get a lot of new HP, and watch your exhaust temp. thanks.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
hm,congrates on your new truck!! big truck!now you need a big buck in the back of it!!:biggrin:
Or a couple of medium sized ones back there would look awesome! :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! Got it home and started adding some dress-up things to it. The duramax is one powerfull motor.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
got to put some batteries in the camera. Was out doing some detailing tonight because it is pretty nice outside. Susposed to rain here sat and sun. I finally got a minute to check tire pressures and they had the fronts at 60 psi and the bumpy rears at 80 psi? Everything now at 60 to see if I can take a little bump out of the truck. Tire rating is max 80 psi. I'm considering the +'s and -'s of a cap vs a hard tonneau cover??? I've had ARE caps in the past and I still think they make one of the best. The extra weight 200-250 lbs will help a little bit on the ride. I had a hard tonneau cover on the F-150 and really only needed a high cap a couple of times (hunting trip for 4). The cab high caps make the truck look like a chevy suburban. Don't know which way I'll go. The caps are almost 2X the price of a tonneau cover. Will try to post pics this weekend.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts