Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Nice looking rifle, Mossberg has some really nice looking stocks in their lineup.
Good Luck with it.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
ya i know it a mossburg, and that its a 7mm. my question is what model is it. it kinda looks like my mossburg 100 ATR, but way nicer, and my ATR has a internal mag. not one that goes in the bottom like yours.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
huntnh, it's a 4x4 <-that's the model, I have the same rifle shown below in .300 WinMag

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
dang, just looked up the price on one of them, could have goten one for not much more than i payed for my mossburg 100 ATR.:wallbash::crybaby::crybaby:

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Yep!

How do you like it? Shoot pretty well? Anything custom done to it?
I hate to say it but I haven't put a single round through it yet. I purchased it during my hunting season and didnt have time to break it in then and every since then there's always something else occupying my time but I hope to get it out soon...
When it arrived it was supposed to have the LBA adjustable trigger but didnt so I sent it back to Mossberg to have that changed., they changed it with no questions, Mossbergs customer service was very easy to deal with....

How do you like shoooting the 7mm?
and how would you rate mossbergs LBA trigger?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hate to say it but I haven't put a single round through it yet. I purchased it during my hunting season and didnt have time to break it in then and every since then there's always something else occupying my time but I hope to get it out soon...
When it arrived it was supposed to have the LBA adjustable trigger but didnt so I sent it back to Mossberg to have that changed., they changed it with no questions, Mossbergs customer service was very easy to deal with....

How do you like shoooting the 7mm?
and how would you rate mossbergs LBA trigger?
I havent shot mine yet either...just got it and im heading to hawaii this tuesday so i wont be shooting it soon. PLus im gunna get some work done to it as well.

·
Registered
986 Posts
new old rifle i picked up a few weeks ago.gotta get to the range and see what shes got.remington 740 carbine 30-06

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
new old rifle i picked up a few weeks ago.gotta get to the range and see what shes got.remington 740 carbine 30-06
Looks pretty cool. I've got a Remington 742 in 30-06. Are the locking lugs on yours still ok? These rifles aren't known to last more than about 500 rounds and then they start to have problems.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Looks pretty cool. I've got a Remington 742 in 30-06. Are the locking lugs on yours still ok? These rifles aren't known to last more than about 500 rounds and then they start to have problems.
working well as of now.By the looks of the internal parts it must have set in safe more than in the woods.Will be hitting the range soon to make sure scope is ready and no problems for upcomming season

·
Registered
824 Posts
"remington 740 carbine 30-06"

I have a 740 in .244/6mm Remington. Worked like a champ last season!
Pictures posted in the gallery as proof!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
I gave my sister Dad's remington 742, in my hunting area only Michigan allows semi-auto actions for deer. This is a late 50's early 60's rifle in great condition. 742's were pretty popular in Michigan deer woods. They are plenty accurate and obviously fast follow up shot if necessary. Their popularity has fallen off during the last 20 years and gun show prices run around 250-300 for them in really top condition for 270 30-06 300 sav, rare calibers go for a bit higher prices. Can't think of any reason not to have one though. Sister wanted 1 of Dad's guns so I had a weak moment and gave her one of his favorites.:nerd:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts