Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im using a 12ga Mossburg for a gun and was thinking about putting a scope on it...any thoughts on which one I should go with? Also I have a deer call that keeps freezing up on me...any ideas on what I can do so it doesnt do that anymore..or should i just get a whole different one? Sorry for all the weird questions but Im just starting out and looking for any advice anyone can give..Thanks.:lol:

·
Administrator
5,710 Posts
The Bushnell Banner scope works well on shotguns, I have a friend that uses the Bushnell Banner 1.5 - 4.5 x32 on his and he loves it.
As far as the call freezing up on you, If you're wearing it around your neck try keeping it tucked in your jacket after calling
that should help, otherwise, just keep it in a jacket pocket. Good Luck to you.

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
If your freezing upa deer call then you may be calling way to much. Cut back and only call two or three short calls every 40 minutes or so. Scopes for shotguns are the same used for muzzleloaders you need a long eye relief. Go with the best you can afford and like BB said something like a 2X5X32 should work. Is the Mossburg a rifled barrel, if not I wouldn't waste my money on a scope. I would purchase a rifled barrel first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts