Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
to tell if a scrape line is fresh is some what hard.. if it is a rub/scrape on a tree the tree will still be wet or green if small enough. On the ground if it is really fresh the dirt will be darker than usual but other than these few ideas it would be tuff. Um maybe i could also ask, wouldnt it be a little to early for scrapes or does the rut not matter on this??

·
Registered
182 Posts
do you think i would be able to handel a 12 gauge? im not a small boy.

im sure you can hande a 12 gauge, just take your time in shooting it so you dont flinch for the recoil, it will knock ur aim off big time. I personally dont recommend the rem. 870, i thought it was garbage, always jammed for some reason. I went with a moss. 500 and its great and shoots true.

·
Registered
182 Posts
yea i also hunted near two active rubs on the ground that you could see were being tended to, i even made a mock rub with a rake and scuffed up the ground and put down some scent. never saw the deer while hunting so i got curious and set up a trail cam and found he was a brute but always came at night. The older they are the smarter. i would agree with you buckfever but i would disagree with the beaten path, older deer will often stay about 20 feet off of the path and stay in cover where they feel more secure.(not sure if that what u were saying)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.