Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined club and am looking for some advice. just started deer hunting lst year and love it. have my dads old rem 30-06 that i used last year but want to buy a rifle of my own. was considering a 7mm rem. what do you guys think and also what brand do you recommend. do not wanna take out a morgage for one but dont want a daisy bb gun either. lol
any advie would helf. also if anyone from or around the youngsville,nc area let me know if there any where to go hunting or if i would be able to go with you sometime.
thanks guys

R

·
0 Posts
remington? what 700? adl? bdl? something else? I can tell you this the 06 is my pick for a all around rifle. and welcome from nh

·
Registered
13 Posts
I shoot the 7mm Rem Mag. It is a remington model 700 BDL I really like the flat shooting, but unless you are hunting in open spaces you really don't need this caliber my ranges are between 50-250yrd.

·
Registered
798 Posts
I'm with both ronn and crittergitter on this. You can't get a better all-around caliber than the 30/06 and, although the 7mm is a great long range flat-shooting gun, it's probably a lot more gun than needed for most whitetail shooting at normal (50-250 yd.) shot distances.
As for brands you can't go wrong with Remington, Ruger, Winchester, Savage in the price range that won't break your bank. Also take a good look at the Tikka T3 Lite - probably the best value and most accurate shooting rifle at any price! Good luck and welcome to the club from Big Sky Country of Montana.

·
Registered
94 Posts
good luck

hey welcome to dhc as u can see there are lots of threads about guns, 30-06 is a great all around gun, i shoot a Ruger M77 .270 and its works great for everything if you are hunting deer i use 130 grain if your hunting anything bigger use 150 grain. well thats my two cents :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts