Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. Found this club while browsing and really enjoyed reading some of the posts by the members.

I am new to the sport of bowhunting but I really enjoy the outside and watching wildlife of all kinds. This is my first season out with a bow. I live in nortwest oklahoma and there are some great hunting oppertunities here. I am privledged enough to have close to 400 acres of private land to hunt it has wheat, alfalfa, and timber on it.

I could use some tips from more experianced fellows.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome to the club Brandon.I live in Northeast Oklahoma.I think some advice in bowhunting is practice all you can,have alot of patience,and scent control.Know your effective range.What I do is set up a target at different ranges.I will shoot 10 shots at that range,if I can't hit that kill zone every time,that is not a effective range for me.Now,keep in mind I may continue to practice until I can.I believe my max range is 35 yards.Can I shoot at 50?Yes but I can't hit the kill zone every time.I would just as soon let the deer walk and maybe get a chance later on rather than making a bad shot.This is a great site for info,you will get some good advice.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hello, I'm from Enid and hunt places in beween Lahoma/Goultry and Avard. There is a lot of varying terrain between there and that is what really affects your hunting style. Where do you hunt?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Welcome to you and to me, I am new as well to the site just not new to the sport.

The best advise I can give is to practice in the same way you play...:thumbup:

What I mean is this, if you are going to be hunting from a tree practice from an elivated area and get to know just how you will be shooting from that elevation, believe me it is different.

And after that just go hunt. and then practice some more, the more u shoot your bow the better you will become and this is very important when you are hunting an animal.

Just remember aim small hit small :bye:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello John I live in waynoka hunt up around Avard and Hopeton. Haven't had a chance to go out this year hoping to this weekend. Thanks to all u boys for the advice.

·
Administrator
5,708 Posts
Greetings to both of you guys from Vermont, welcome to the club.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts