Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know 0 about bowhunting. I want to try it, Iv always liked shooting bows and i love hunting so i figure why not! But Im a lefty so any advice on left handed bows would be great and just any tips at all about shooting a bow/ hunting with one would help. Thanks

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
im a righty but im pretty sure its the same thing just different:wacko:

·
Registered
13 Posts
stjones1102,
This is my first post on this forum so I hope I am not being too froward.
I have been bow hunting for over 20 years now so I feel like I do have a clue.
Your gonna' love it. bow hunting is a whole new game compared to rifle hunting and it is an absolute blast.
Doing everything "right" to get inside the deer's "safe" zone to be able to take a shot is in itself a big charge.
As to your question on getting started I would advise looking up an Archery specialty shop in your area.
Most of these specialty stores are very dedicated to the sport and will go out of their way to help you out in terms of understanding what you need in the way of archery gear, developing some basic shooting skills, as well as some guidance on the other various equipment needed.
There is a wealth of information offered up on any bookstore shelf relating to bow hunting as well. There are a lot of offerings in terms of getting started and some good step by step information.
After you have some confidence in your shooting ability, and thats important, head for the woods, once you experience your first up close encounter with a whitetail, you too can share in the addiction.
Best of luck to you.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
:goodposting: welcome to the site your gonna fit in reel good over here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts