Deer Hunting Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first year having my license and this year i'm going to start hunting. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions and/or knew of any good books to read? thanks

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
G

·
Joel, how'd you do that? Nice trick. br b there are all kinds of titles there. " Precision Bowhunting A Year-round Approach To Taking Mature Whitetails" by John and Chris Eberhart. would be my #1 pick. oh yes welcome

·
Registered
283 Posts
Deer and deer hunting magazine is a great mag for info. It's not a book per say but it is full of useful articles. Read all you can on Charles Alsheimer materials... he knows his stuff. His lunar cycles in regards to the rut can be debated.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
....but shouldnt be ignored:biggrin:

·
Registered
100 Posts
try to spend as much time in the woods/stand observing the game which you are hunting, and always listen to seasoned outdoorsman and their stories/tips. good luck!

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Welcome to the world of hunting, If you take a look at the numerous past post on this site you will find a wealth of information to help you. stay tuned as the season is quickly approaching there will be lots of good stuff discussed/debated. Will you be bowhunting/rifle/shotgun?

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
try stand hunting over trails leading to food /bedding areas.get a good map of your spoot and study it ,then go walk the property and look for deer sign

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
How's your foodplots looking? here in Ohio we are in a pretty good drought and need some all day rains. Grass is going dormate. In PA where I hunt buckwheat was susposed to be planted and I need to call to see if it got done. Hope the deer season is a big success for you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts