Deer Hunting Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 20 years of use I have to retire one of my ladder stands, its an old Trax rifleman model and they are out of business now. I've been looking at the new Ameristep Bone Collector combo stand. These are in the newest Bass Pro catalog priced at $199 which includes 3 sections of rapid rails to get up 16'. Looks like a decent set-up. They have a similar looking 20' ladder stand for 299. Anyone have one of these stands and what's your thoughts? Thanks HM

·
Premium Member
3,942 Posts
I'm assuming that most or all ladder stands nowadays are constructed to be user friendly, lighter, and much safer than those of yesterday. I think you'll be happy with any type you find.

G

·
not famillar. i got 3 of those wally ladders from wally, real cheap $30 each, but haven't tried them yet. they are 20 footers if i remember right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I purchased one of those wally stands, and was not impressed. You get what you pay for. I just could not get comfortable in the stand. You may like it.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
spostmans guide is running a sale on them but so is cabelas and bass pro

·
Registered
10 Posts
We use the 12 and 15 foot 2 man ladders from wally world, bout $100 each. Only stand I buy now. We've got some that are approaching 9 years old and they are still hanging in there. Only other stand I own is a Tree lounge climber. We've built a few custom ladder stands for various trees/area's but commercialy thats it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Huntingman,
Living in OH, I don't know if you have Rural King stores there. If you do, That is where I find Great prices on hunting equipment. Especially Stands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts